Some of my most popular posts are those that contain info graphics. Why? They visually communicate a message in a way that's more engaging than just words. What exactly are Infographics? They are a mixture of pictures, data and writing.
1) They are visually appealing. Most people are visual by nature. Our eyes are drawn to images and colors more than text. Think about the times you've gone to read a blog post. Which appealed to you more, those that were just plain text or those that had images in them? Your infographic can be worth thousands of words but take up less space and get more interest than plain text.
2) Easy to scan - Most people today want information but they want it fast. Many times they will scan an article for what they are looking for. An infographic gives people the best of both worlds.
3) The ability to convey deep concepts - I'm sure you'd agree that there are concepts that are difficult to explain with words only or images only. Merging these two elements creates a way to digest the information that the mind loves! When you think about it, a comic strip is like an infographic. It can be used to explain difficult concepts.
Here's a great example of taking what might be considered a complex topic and sharing it in a way that's easy to understand and consume.
5) Brand Awareness - If you want to spread brand awareness having a infographic is a really great idea. When people enjoy the infographic they are more likely to share this on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
6) Increases website traffic - Since people are more likely to share an infographic as mentioned above that in turn will bring more people back to your site. Something I haven't done but should consider doing is including an embed code so other people can share the info graphics we make.
7) Improve SEO - Many might argue whether info graphics help SEO but they do. They improve links to your site. If you add keywords to the "alt" tags, a textual description of the information in the infographic, plus the infographic, it will improve SEO.
There's no doubt info graphics are a great way to repurpose content and make your website fresh. This will also give you more options to have your information shared.
Are you using info graphics in your business?
Leave your thoughts and comments below.
Share this post via the social icons below:)