Take a look at this infographic.
According to the University of California at San Diego study: three out of five people spend more free time with technology than they do with their spouse! Are you surprised that 81% are willing to interrupt conversations and meals to check their devices.
Why would you want to unplug?
1) It allows you to de-stress
2) Draw a clearer line between home and work life
3) You are not multi tasking
I think it's fascinating that 84% of participants could not go more than 24 hours without mobile devices.
It's also interesting that 25% admit they check their phones every half hour. Are you one of those people?
Did you notice the tips to help you unplug?
1) Start small: Avoid checking your phone within an hour of waking and within the hour before you go to bed.
2) Gradually increase the amount of time you do other things before you check your social media accounts.
3) Turn off notifications
4) Set designated times to engage in social media
There's a whole world out there that people are missing by not unplugging.
As I was watching the news the other day they mentioned a man who went on the trip of a lifetime. He was going whale watching. The boat he was on got the view of a lifetime but he missed it. Why? He was checking his phone! Makes you stop and think doesn't it?
When was the last time you checked your phone?
Leave your thoughts and comments below.
Share this post via the social icons below:)
Be Savvy and Successful!
P.S. Why not download my FREE magazine to read while you are offline?