There are at least 5 key ways to market your business effectively. One of those ways is by using audio (podcasting).
You are going to see a lot more people jumping on board this year.
There are many benefits when it comes to podcasting. Basically podcasts are downloadable digital files.
They are produced episode by episode and are many times referred to as an online radio show. Just imagine you can have your own radio show! How cool is that?
Here are some of the major questions I am asked about before someone takes my podcasting course.
1) How often should you produce your podcasts? That is up to you but here’s a major tip. Be consistent. I know that can be hard at times but if you record several podcasts at a time you will be able to release them and keep your show fresh. For example if you want to have your “show” every Monday then be sure that you are able to have that podcast done and ready to upload.
What’s appealing about podcasting is the fact that it’s not at all expensive to produce.
2) Do you need a lot of equipment? That’s the beauty of podcasting because you can start as long as you have a relatively good USB microphone. I use the Blue Yeti. You will also need software that enables you to record. Windows Movie Make has some basic audio recording features. If you have a Mac you can use GarageBand.
3) How long will your show be? It’s up to you! Your shows length will depend on the topic and how in-depth you are getting.
4) What will my topics be? That depends on who your audience is and what they need to hear about from you.
5) How can I use what I already have? You can also take your blog posts and create a podcast from them! It’s a great way to repurpose your content. You create it once and use it again in multiple ways.
When people subscribe to your RSS feed they will be notified automatically when you put up a new podcast.
6) How will people listen to my podcast? People can consume your content while driving to work, exercising, walking etc. That's one of the things I love about podcasting. It's easy for people to listen.
7) How can podcasting bring attention to my products or services? Podcasts can be used as a pre-selling tool. What do I mean? Let’s say you want people to sign up for a special program you are offering.
You create your podcast with the proper title that makes people tune in and listen. When they do you can encourage them to sign up for that program.
8) Where else can I use a podcast? You can also use your podcasts as part of a membership site. Provide your members with special podcasts that will help them with whatever niche you are in.
9) What type of format can I use? You may want to consider taking it to a different level by interviewing others and sharing it.
This format has become quite popular. Just start looking around at all the teleseminars there are. You can do the same thing with your podcast!
Whatever you decide make sure at all times it’s lively and informative.
10) Can I make money with podcasting? Once you have a following you may be able to start making money from your podcast by having sponsors. The important thing is to first start providing excellent content that people will want to consume and share. Once you do that you can look into ways to monetize your podcast.
Remember it’s all about having your voice heard on multiple platforms.
Many people enjoy podcasting because they feel they can’t do face to face videos. Podcasting is a great way to get your feet wet. Once you get comfortable with that creating videos will be a lot easier.
You can always visually market your podcasts to capture people’s attention. Using visuals to promote your “show” is a great way to have people share the link to your podcast. As a matter of fact in order to have your podcast on iTunes you need to have a visual (photo) that represents your show. Why do you think they do that? One reason is that your visual (photo) can make people curious as to what you show will cover. The visual (image) draws them in.
Are you thinking of starting a podcast?
If so check out my course Podcast Like A Pro by clicking the image below:)
Leave your thoughts and comments below.
Share this post via the social icons below:)
Be Savvy And Successful!
Toni Nelson – Marketing and Brand Strategist, Award winning Videographer/Photographer Author, Mentor
P.S. Download my free: Getting Started Podcasting Infographic.
Get Your FREE Copy!
Subscribe to my Podcast
Check this out: