Since writing my second book: The Secret Equation To Attracting More Clients: Marketing + P Factor + Video = $$$$ my ears perk up when I hear other people talk about "equations".
This happened when I saw a clip from the Kathie Lee and Hoda show.
The topic being discussed was creating your personal brand.
Although at first it seems like they are talking only about relationships you will see how this can definitely apply to you creating your business brand.
There is a 30 second commercial and then the clip begins.
What I found interesting was that Mary said there were three areas to the equation: dressing, voice, how you act.
Dressing is important which is why I started posting different outfits on Saturday's
One of the things I mention in my book is the fact that it's your personality that will bring people to you. Sure, not everyone will relate to you but that's fine. Your ideal clients will "hear" your message and connect with you.
Your P Factor: personality is something no one can take away from you. It's what makes you unique. Even Kathie Lee mentioned Debbie and Doug downer. No one wants to be around people like that.
I also liked the statement made in the video: Be the person people want to be with.
How do you get your message to your ideal customers? You need to use a variety of platforms including video marketing, content marketing and of course visual marketing.
These platforms can help you build the know, like and trust factors in your business.
I will admit that for many getting in front of the video camera can be difficult but I can help you get over that fear and help you build a video marketing strategy that will help you stand out from the competition and attract more clients.
Click the visual below to discuss how we can help you create a personal brand using video.
Here are my five tips for creating your personal brand:
1) Be real and honest with your customers. Never promise something that you cannot deliver. If you promise what you cannot deliver your credibility will suffer. Strive to not only deliver on your promise but over deliver.
Always speak in terms that your customers understand.
Put a face to your business. Add a photo of yourself to your business. This will help people come to know like and trust you. People will start to recognize the image of you and immediately think of your business.
Since an image is so important be sure you are using a professionally taken image of yourself. No selfies!
2) Create a great customer service experience. The major flaw with many companies is there customer service. Customer service is the backbone of your business.
Try to put different systems in place that promote a great customer service experience. For example after someone makes a purchase be sure to send a thank you e-mail. If a customer request additional information be sure to get that out to them in a timely manner.
When I had a great customer service experience at the car dealership you know what I did? I wrote a blog post about it. That’s how impressed I was with their customer service.
Wouldn’t you like people writing a blog post about how wonderful your customer service is?
3) Be consistent with whatever you decide your brand will stand for. Be true to that. Use people and ideas that are in line with your brand to help identify it to your audience.
4) Target the right audience Your brand is reaching out to a certain target audience or demographic. You need to connect with these people in order to make offerings for your products or services. Use keywords to draw your customers to you. Create a list of potential customers and then stay in contact with them.
5) Promote your product to your specific audience. When promoting your product do so in the places you know your target audience is listening. For example if you feel your target audience is largely on Facebook make sure you have a Facebook presence. Are they on LinkedIn? Your goal is to make sure you are promoting your products there as well. You want to be drawing people in to your website specifically your blog. Make sure your blog addresses the issues that your audience has for your products and services.
Here are some additional tips:
Create YouTube videos and podcasts about your products to increase customer engagement.
Both of these strategies will help increase your online visibility.
Podcasting is a great way to get comfortable with “speaking” to your audience. Think radio show host.
Video helps your audience have that immediate connection with you. Think of video as your own TV show!
When promoting your products and services speak directly to your individual target audience. Think in terms of having a conversation with someone you know.
This goes back to what I stated earlier about speaking in terms that your customer understands and in a language that they are comfortable with.
This is just scratching the surface when it comes to creating your brand but at least you will have a starting point.
Creating a personal brand may mean stepping out of your comfort zone but it's well worth it.
Want to find The Secret Equation To Attracting More Clients? Purchase my book:
Would you like one to one help creating your personal brand? Click the image below.
What points did you find of interest in the video?
Leave your thoughts and comments below.
Be sure to share this post via the social networking icons.
Be Savvy and Successful!
Toni Nelson - Visual, Video and Content Marketing
Get Your FREE Copy!
Subscribe to my Podcast
Check this out: